“Seeking God for the Peace and Protection of our Cities!”
Join a broad coalition of churches, denominations and ministries globally in setting aside the first Sunday of October annually in the spirit of Jeremiah 29:7, Psalm 91: 7-11 and Romans 13:1-2 to appoint a designated time of prayer in our churches and other gatherings of worship to intercede for protection from global terrorism and for those who wear a of shield of protection (police, fire fighters, first-responders, etc.) as they seek to protect our citizens from harm and danger.
THIS YEAR’S DESIGNATED SUNDAY:
SUNDAY OCTOBER 2, 2016
…Seek the peace and prosperity of the city to which I have carried you into exile. Pray to the Lord for it, because if it prospers, you too will prosper.
If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the Lord, who is my refuge—then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways.
Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.
Terrorism is now a worldwide concern. Primarily carried out by radical Islamists, this is a type of warfare that comes right into neighborhoods and group events right where we live. Our governmental authorities, intelligence agencies and local law enforcement are working together diligently to root out plots and plans and stop them before they can be carried out, but we believe Divine intervention is needed to help them.
Please join with us in prayer to this end.
- Thank the Lord that He is the One who ultimately protects our cities and nations from harm. Tell Him that we acknowledge Him first above any other source of protection.
- Pray for the peace of the city you live in and ask God to provide protection against terrorism. Say that the blood of Jesus protects your city from all harm and that no disaster can befall it.
- Pray for wisdom and direction from the Holy Spirit for authorities as they seek out all of those who may be planning harm and that every plot would be found out.
- Decree that acts of terrorism being planned in darkness in your state or nation will come into the light and be stopped!
“Unless the LORD protects a city, guarding it with sentries will do no good.”
1 Peter 4:11
“If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ.”
When tragedy strikes, we all look for help. Those who are trained to provide that help, whether it is medical, protective, or rescue, are appreciated and honored by the vast majority of those whom they serve. In a day of global terrorism when authorities are under attack, as well as those who misunderstand and distrust even first responders, it is important that we pray for our police, fire, and medical response teams worldwide.
- Give thanks to the Lord for those who so often put their lives on the line for others. In so many ways, they reflect the giving nature of Jesus who gave Himself for us.
- Pray for physical protection for these first responders since there are many situations in which their lives and bodies are placed in danger.
- Pray for peace for their families who are aware of the dangers their loved ones often face.
- Pray for emotional protection, especially in the United States in light of criticism and attacks due to conflict between some African Americans and the police. Help them to not be easily offended or hurt by criticism. Protect them from cynicism.
- Pray for increased skill and effectiveness in their daily tasks of coming to the aid of others. Ask the Lord to give them confidence in the abilities He has given them and in those they have developed through training.
We must always remember that God is ultimately our Shield against the enemy’s actions. He is the one we look to first to protect us and save us. Worship Him and thank Him that we can rely on Him 100 percent of the time!