The world witnessed a horrible situation last Friday as Paris, France, was attacked in multiple locations by terrorists associated with ISIS. Over 120 were killed, and at least 180 were seriously wounded. Can you imagine how scary that would be?
This is an international problem, and it is time to unite in prayer for ISIS to be stopped!
I immediately got on Periscope and prayed with many of you that the violence would stop. As I interceded, I noticed that some began to ask for prayers of protection for your nations as well. We realize that many others have experienced acts of terror, and our hearts are with you. This is an international problem, and it is time to unite in prayer for ISIS to be stopped!
News outlets are reporting that ISIS claimed the coordinated attack on Paris was in retaliation for France’s support of the United States’ activities to stop ISIS in Syria.1 France is one of the oldest friends and allies of the United States. Let’s link our shields together around the world, and let each nation pray right now for the safety and the healing of France, believing that as we sow seeds of intercession for others, we are reaping the answers in our homelands as well:
- Ask the Lord to comfort family members and friends who are suffering the loss of a loved one in Paris today. Pray they would reach out to Him and that those who don’t know Him would have a revelation of His love for them.
- Extend a canopy of peace over Paris and ask that all involved in these acts of violence would be quickly exposed and brought to justice. “Say to those with fearful hearts, ‘Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies. He is coming to save you’” (Isaiah 35:4; NIV).
- Pray for nation of France to be healed. (2 Corinthians 1:3-5) Where spiritual walls are down, ask the Lord to raise up those who know how to heal the breaches and restore safety. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
- Continue to pray for those who are caught in the deception of Islamic terrorism, that the Lord would supernaturally introduce them to Jesus and save them from destroying themselves and others in terrorist acts.
- Pray for healing and hope in other nations that have experienced attacks this year, such as Lebanon and Iraq.
- Boldly command that ISIS would be stopped in its tracks and that all things it does in darkness will be fully exposed to the light! (Luke 8:17)
- Declare that the nations of the earth will be safe from this advancement of evil if believers residing in them will humble themselves and pray. Ask for a move of repentance over any practices that do not please the Lord or align with His word. (2 Chronicles 7:14)
It is time for the Church to advance in prayer like never before because our prayers are powerful!
- Ingrid Melander and Marine Pennetier, “Islamic State claims Paris attacks that killed 127.” Reuters. Thomson Reuters, November 14, 2015. Web. November 14, 2015.